As part of your dealings with Omeeto Ltd, we will collect and process personal information about you. All personal data sent to a Omeeto email address (for whatever purpose) will be stored on our IT systems and may be subject to wider systematic monitoring procedures which we have implemented for the purpose of our legitimate business interests to protect confidential and personal data and assist in our ability to identify potential data breaches.
Omeeto are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 up to and including 24 May 2018 and the thereafter abide by the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.
The Omeeto website is designed to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
Who is responsible for your personal information?
For the purpose of Data Protection Legislation the data controller is C M Wright, Director, Omeeto Ltd. Telephone 07471072799.
What information do we collect?
In order to respond to any initial contact or referral enquiry via the website we need to collect personal data. This information may include your name, telephone number, postal address, email address and details of the reason for your enquiry.
To use our service, we may need your payment details and to verify your identity for safeguarding and Money Laundering Compliance purposes. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you and to manage your property requirements or property listings.
We will only collect data that is relevant and limited to what is necessary. We only collect data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
The Website also collects your IP Address, Cookies etc.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in the referral/contact forms on our site www.omeeto.co.uk, on our social media pages or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect and process your personal information in connection with our business. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to manage, administer and record commercial property requirements and land requirements
- to respond to queries from you regarding the possible property options and provision of commercial property agency services
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us for the provision of commercial property services
- to confirm ability to proceed with an offer on a property: if you are a potential tenant or buyer we are obliged to contact you to clarify your financial position i.e. do you have a property to sell, require finance or are you a cash buyer. We will process your personal information for the purposes of our legitimate interests in determining your ability to proceed with a purchase so that the seller has an informed choice should there be an offer
- to process your transaction and to prevent Money Laundering: we use relevant personal information described above to process and deliver your transaction and to notify you of the status of your transaction. This includes passing your information to third parties, for example, solicitors. At the appropriate time we shall also conduct an identification check, we have a legal obligation to do so in accordance with the anti-money laundering regulations
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
With whom do we share your personal information?
Should you proceed with a property we shall share your information with the associated connected parties. This may include the Tenant, Licensor, Landlord, Leasee and their retained professional advisors such as Solicitor, Surveyor’s etc. We do not share your information with other organisations, who are not linked to the transaction, unless we have your explicit permission to do so or if required to share the information by law.
Protecting your personal information
Data is kept and processed providing there is a legitimate reason to do so and shared with Omeeto Team members in a password protected Cloud Based CRM system. This is GDPR compliant.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our Website and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
The individual has a right to rectification of data, erasure, restriction, objection and portability.
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can ask that we correct this information by writing to C M Wright using the correspondence address Duffield Bank Cottage, Duffield Bank, Duffield DE56 4BG.
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please write to Omeeto Limited Duffield Bank Cottage, Duffield Bank, Duffield DE56 4BG. An administrative charge for this might apply.
You have the right to be forgotten. Omeeto will comply with written requests to delete your personal data in certain circumstances.
We retain your personal data only for as long as we need to, to comply with our obligations under The Property Ombudsman Code of Practice and rules set by HMRC. The retention periods are:
- seven years for data related to a financial transaction with Omeeto (such as an Instruction to market a property)
- six years for data related to a property transaction (such as a Valuation, Offer or Viewing)
- five years for data related to our obligations under Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- eighteen months for other personal data not covered by one of the above
Privacy of children on our website
The platform and website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect any information from any person below the age of 18.